The British Museum in London is a treasure trove of human history and culture, boasting an unrivalled collection of artefacts and objects from around the world. From ancient Egyptian mummies to the Rosetta Stone, the British Museum offers visitors a glimpse into the past and the chance to explore the stories of human civilization.
The museum’s permanent collections are vast and diverse, spanning across the globe and covering a wide range of periods. The British Museum also host several temporary exhibitions throughout the year, showcasing everything from contemporary art to historical artefacts.
So whether you’re a history buff or simply looking for an exciting day out, the British Museum is a must-see destination for anyone visiting London.
Is British Museum free to enter?
Yes, the British Museum is free to enter. However, some special exhibitions may require a ticket.
There are many reasons to visit the British Museum:
- It houses one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive collections of art and artefacts, spanning over two million years of human history.
- It has a vast collection of Egyptian antiquities, including the Rosetta Stone and the Elgin Marbles, as well as ancient Greek, Roman, and Mesopotamian artefacts.
- The museum also offers a diverse range of temporary exhibitions, showcasing everything from contemporary art to historical artefacts.
- It is a great place to learn about different cultures and the way of life of ancient people.
- It is a perfect place for families and children to learn more about history and culture.
- It is free to enter, making it a budget-friendly option for visitors.
- The British Museum’s architecture and structure are a work of art in itself, making it a great place to admire the beauty of the building.
- The museum’s location is also prime, situated in the heart of London.
These are just a few reasons why the British Museum is a must-see destination for anyone visiting London.
Great Russell Street
Daily: 10.00–17.00 (Fridays: 20.30)
Last entry: 16.00 (Fridays: 19.30)